Cinelli Superstar Potenza Road Bike
Carbon innovation in its finest form: The Superstar is the Monocoque Carbon Bike for advanced amateur riders. an option of caliper or disc brakes, Internal cable routing and compatibility with Shimano and Campagnolo electronic groupsets makes this the modern frame for many disciplines, 28mm tyre clearance and new Columbus Futura 1-1/8” – 1-1/2” forks add to the package.
OCR, OPTIMAL CABLE ROUTING: The internal cable routing is designed to avoid pinch points in the hydraulic system, while maintaining maximum efficiency in shifting operation.
CCL - COMBED CARBON LAYERING: The absence of corners on the frame surface allows for full use of the carbon layers, optimising the overall stiffness of the structure of the frame while improving performance.
GCD - GEOMETRY CONTROLLED DEFORMATION: The special horizontal curve on the frame keeps the angle of the head tube consistent, even when strong vertical forces are acting on the frame, for example when a rider puts on a sudden, powerful burst of pedaling out of the saddle. Typically this would cause deformation of the frame at the wheelbase, contributing to a loss of power for the rider. However the Superstar’s GCD technology prevents this from happening, ensuring maximum power transfer and optimum control for the rider.
INTERNAL PU MOLDS: During the manufacturing process special Internal PU molds stay inside the headtube and bottom bracket shell area whilst the carbon is curing. This increases compression between the layers of the carbon fibre, increasing strength and minimizing weight, as this process reduces the amount of resin needed in these areas of the frame.
- Sizes: XS (46), S (48), M (51), L (54), XL (57)
- Frame: COLUMBUS Carbon Monocoque
- Fork: COLUMBUS Futura 1-1/8” to 1-1/2” Carbon Monocoque
- Headset: Columbus Compass Carbon 1-1/2” (included)
- Bottom Bracket: Press Fit 86.5mm x 41mm
- Cable Routing: Internal, electronic compatible
- Seatpost Diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatclamp: 31.8mm (included)
- Tyre Clearance: Max 700x25
- Front Derailleur: Braze-On
- Frame Weight: 920g
- Fork Weight: 360g
- Components: Campagnolo Potenza with Miche Race HSP Chainset
- Saddle: Selle Italia X1 Flow
- Bar/Stem/Seatpost: Cinelli DNA
- Wheelset: Miche Altur
- Tyres: Vittoria Zaffiro 700x25