This Columbus steel frame was developed in close partnership with the cult racer, bike messenger and adventurer Chas Christiansen. Chas travels extensively as well as racing alleycats, criteriums and cyclocross events. Chas set Cinelli the challenge to create a frame that could service all of these diverse needs, so the MASH Work was born.
The frame has a distinct raw appearance. Adding a dark smoke topcoat has preserved the weld heat markings on the steel. This treatment celebrates Columbus tubing, whom Cinelli are proud to call family.
The geometry of the MASH Work is aggressive by nature. A high bottom bracket gives additional clearance for fast cornering in crits as well as on the track. Internal cable routing for the optional rear brake .
The frame also has removable cantilever brake studs, so the bike can be ridden as a clean fixed gear or single speed with brakes. Generous tyre clearance for up to a 35c tyre allows for the fitting of a wide range of tyre types depending on your riding style.
Frameset includes frame, fork, seatpost clamp and brake studs.
- Sizes: S (52), M (54), L (56), XL (58), XXL (60)
- Frame: Columbus Cromor Steel Tubeset
- Fork: Columbus Cromor Steel, 35mm rake
- Cable Routing: internal for optional rear brake
- Headset: Recommended headset is HS27
- Brake Type: F/R removable V-Brake studs
- Seatclamp: 29.8mm (included)
- Seatpost Diameter: 27.2mm
- Tyre Clearance: Max 700x35
- Hub Spacing: 100/120
- Bottom Bracket: BSA
- Fork Rake: 35mm
- Frame Weight: 2000g
- Fork Weight: 950g
- Components: Miche Primato
- Saddle: Selle Italia X1 Flow
- Bar/Stem: Cinelli DNA
- Seatpost: Miche Supertype
- Wheelset: Miche X-Press
- Tyres: Vittoria Zaffiro Slick 700x25