The Hex is rugged, tough yet built with style and durability. The helmet gives you superb ventilation, which is thanks to the 24 large vents. The helmet is packed with other features also to make the time wearing it extremely comfortable.
Top Features of the Giro Hex Helmet
- Features include
- P.O.V. visor with 15 degree vertical adjustment
- In-Mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
- Superior ROC LOC 5 fit system
- Wind tunnel ventilation with internal channeling
- 24 large vents
- Sizing (Super-Fit)
- To determine the correct helmet size, wrap a tape measure around the head, keeping the tape just above the ears and level front to back
- Small: 51 - 55cm
- Medium: 55 - 59cm
- Large: 59 - 63cm
- X-large: 61 - 65cm
The Hex is one of the favourites for MTB riders. Reason is because it's so good and comfortable. Rugged, tough yet built with style and durability. The helmet feature Giro's ROC LOC 5 fit system giving a superb fit everytime, whilst P.O.V. visor gives 15 degrees of vertical adjustment and can be removed without any tools. A helmet ready for adventure whatever the terrain.
In-mold construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet’s impact absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows Giro to sculpt better ventilation systems, so In-mold helmets can be lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
A great helmet is so comfortable that once it’s on, it virtually disappears. Giro’s proprietary three-size Super Fit system is based on “human scale factors” data and over 20 years of crafting helmets for the best bike riders in the world. The result is pure Skull Hugging Luxury, a helmet that fits 98% of the world’s population, yet looks (and fits) like it was custom made just for you.
Points of View (POV) visors are anchored by a patented internal clutch mechanism that allows 15-degrees of tool-free, on-the-fly vertical adjustment while preventing the visor from rattling and coming loose over rough and technical terrain. Can be removed without tools also.
Roc Loc 5 System
This groundbreaking fit system provides an entirely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc 5 is still nearly 40% lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- Micro Dial: The heart of Roc Loc 5 is this ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial. A simple, two-finger twist of the Micro Dial opens or closes the retention system and each click is audible
- Three-Position Bracket: It’s never been easier to change vertical positions and fine-tune fit. We incorporated a three-position bracket that features 15-millimeters of up/down movement. Like the Micro Dial, this system can be adjusted without removing the helmet. Carefully-crafted ergonomic arms are shaped to be as comfortable as possible, yet work
- Dual Pods: These two panels are designed to firmly grasp the back of your head while comfortably cradling the occipital lobe
- Strap Baskets: With Roc Loc 5, your helmet straps are always right where you need them. Not to mention this strap basket brings a new level of comfort
About MTB Helmets
Off road cycle helmets feature plenty of ventilation with a large numbers of vents to help keep your head cool. Off road bicycle helmets will also usually feature a peak to help keep the suns glare and rain off your face. When looking for a off road cycle helmet you should consider the fit, style and level of protection it will offer as these need to match your riding style, if you like to push it off road at a fast pace then a more vented lid is highly recommended.
About the Giro brand
Giro has been supplying quality light-weight cycling helmets to millions of riders, cyclists, skiers and snowboarders around the world since 1985. Giro is the Helmet of choice for winners of mountain bike world championships, cyclocross world championships, Triathlon and Iron Man world championships.